Friday, July 24, 2009

Feedback on my "Verbal Tip" Post

Yesterday I told all my friends to check out my shiny, new blog. I'm very proud of it as I am not-so-computer-savvy.
One of my friends made a comment to me that a lot of people feel like tipping is unnecessary, as serving food is our job, we get an hourly wage, if we don't like it get a new job, and so on. Yes, serving food is my job and I happen to really like what I do. It's a fun job to have!

Now if you were to say, "I have no problem paying for the food, I don't feel I should pay for the service." Well, when you dine out you are paying for the experience, you are paying to get waited on, to have your food prepared for you and get served with a coke and a smile! If you don't want to pay for the service and simply pay for the prepared food, go to a drive thru.

Regarding the Hourly wage: Even if the state's minimum wage is say, $7.50 per hour, many states including the one I live in, make an exception for the tipped employee and pay food servers between $2.00 and $4.00 per hour. It isn't uncommon for a person to owe money on payday to cover the taxes in the tips we receive. And if we don't receive a tip we still have to pay taxes on the sale, because the government assumes that we made a tip. It can be a bum deal sometimes.

And last, regarding the comment, "If you don't like it, get a new job." This is what I chose to do for a living. You might be say, a Doctor. I wouldn't go to your office and say, "I'm just going to pay you for the cost of the flu shot, not the office visit. It's the flu shot I came for and it's your job to give me one, I'm not paying for anything else."
See where I'm coming from?
By the way, if every server in America 'saw the light' every time somebody said "If you don't like it, get a new job," and actually went out and got a new job, then who would be left to serve you when you went out? :)

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo going to try that on my doctor! She may get quite a laugh... Of course that may just be my laughter... LOL

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / whatsapp +1-8632310632 . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete